Chicken Piccata with Lemon and Capers
- Yield 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 very thin lemon slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Pound the chicken breasts very thin. Whisk the Dijon mustard and eggs in a pie plate. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Dip the chicken into the mustard mixture and then into the bread crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken to a baking dish and keep warm in a 325-degree oven.
- Add the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, capers, salt and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits. Reduce the heat and stir in the lemon slices and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes or until the lemon peel is soft.
- Place the chicken on serving plates and top with the sauce.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Las Vegas’ Las Vegas Glitter to Gourmet (Junior League of Las Vegas, 2001)