- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2cup chicken stock
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon paprika
- 1/4cup butter
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of wax paper until very thin, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Combine remaining lemon juice with chicken stock. Sift flour, garlic powder and paprika into a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then coat well with flour mixture. Place in skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 1 minute on each side. Pour chicken stock mixture over chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until chicken is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving plates.
- Stir sauce in the pan and spoon over each chicken breast. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Peter Quaglia, Stover, Mo.