Chicken Pho Lettuce Wraps
- Yield 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 small hot red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bullion seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thigh, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb.fresh rice stick noodles (pho)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped thai basil or basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 12 leaves boston/bibb lettuce
Mix ginger-garlic paste, red pepper, bullion seasoning, lime juice, and fish sauce in a large zipper lock bag. Add chicken and marinate 30 minutes.
Heat oil to medium-high in large skillet. Saute chicken until done, about 5-7 minutes; remove red pepper slices.
Soak noodles in boiling water about 15 seconds; drain well and drizzle with mirin and soy sauce. Add scallions and toss to coat.
Pace a scoop of chicken and scoop of noodles in a lettuce leaf. Add bean sprouts, carrot, basil and cilantro. Fold or roll, repeating with remaining components.
Serve immediately with dipping sauce: 2 tbsp. water, 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar; 1/2 tsp. minced garlic; 2 tbsp. honey; 1 tsp. minced red chile; 1 tsp. fish sauce.