Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1medium spaghetti squash
- 1bunch fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1large leftover cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1pinch sea salt
- 1pinch pepper
- 2ounces shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare spaghetti squash: cut in half, scoop out seeds, put face down in baking pan with 1/4 cup of water in the pan. Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes, depending on size of squash. While baking, prepare other ingredients below. Shred with a fork into a bowl.
- Finely chop the fresh basil and garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, then add the olive oil. Mix thoroughly into a pesto.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half.
- Cube cooked chicken breast.
- Mix spaghetti squash, pesto, grape tomatoes, and chicken breast in a pot on the stove, and bring to an even temperature (about 3-5 minutes). It's easiest if you pre-warm the chicken breast as it takes the longest to heat.
- Split into 2 servings and top with shredded parmesan if desired.