Chicken Pesto Pizza with Roasted Red Peppers and Asparagus
- Yield 5 servings
Bake and enjoy this aromatic homemade pizza, made with basil pesto as the sauce, and topped with canned chicken, asparagus and roasted red bell peppers.
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can premium white-meat chicken, packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto sauce, divided
- 1 -- (10-ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup fresh, 1-inch pieces asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces or 1 cup canned, cut asparagus, drained
- 1 cup canned, roasted red bell peppers, drained or 1 cup chopped, fresh red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 400F. Brown chicken with onion and garlic in olive oil in a medium, non-stick skillet. Remove from heat; blend with 2 tablespoons pesto sauce; set aside.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 12-inch baking sheet or a 14-inch pizza stone with vegetable oil spray. Press or roll dough onto baking sheet or pizza stone to desired thickness. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch edge. Arrange chicken mixture, asparagus and roasted red peppers on top. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cheeses melt and crust is lightly browned.