Cheesy Chicken with Pesto
- Yield servings
- 1 -- 1 tablespoon McCormick salt free all purpose seasoning.
- 2 -- 1 tablespoon garlic/pepper spice mixture.
- 3 -- 6 perdue perfect portions chicken breast, rinsed throughly.
- 4 -- Olive Oil, enough to generously cover bottom of 10' 12' cooking skille teaspoon
- 5 1/2 sticks of salted butter.
- 6 -- 1 small jar of ready to use pesto.
- 7 -- 1 small jar of roasted red peppers.
- 8 -- 1 8oz.package of finely shredded colby & monterey jack cheese.
- 9 -- 6 strips crispy cooked bacon.
1. Pour olive oil and butter into skillet over medium heat.
2. Place chicken breast into the skillet.
3. Sprinkle McCormick seasoning and garlic/pepper seasoning over each breast.
4. Brown chicken breast turning each as needed.
5. Cut each cooked breast into thirds while still in the skillet, over low heat.
6. Spread a small amount of pesto over each cooked breast.
7. Break bacon strips into halves, placing one over each chicken piece.
8. Place a portion of roasted red pepper over each chicken piece.
9. Sprinkle cheese liberally over entire skillet dish.
10. Place lid on skillet, cut off the heat, allow cheese to melt completely.
11. May need to slide skillet off stove eye if using electric heat to not overcook.