Chicken Penne with Artichoke Sauce
- Yield 4-6 servings
- -- *water for boiling pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces dry penne pasta
- 4 -- boneless,skinless chicken breasts halves,pounded thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Creamy Ranch Artichoke Sauce:
- 2 -- (6oz.) jars artichoke quarters in marinade,drained,rough chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped white onions
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled,minced
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon packaged Ranch dressing (dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Heat a large pot of water over a hi heat, bring to a boil and add the 1 tbls. salt ,1 tbls. olive oil and 12 oz. penne pasta .Cook for 9 minutes or until pasta is aldente.Drain and set aside.
Pound chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/4 in. in thickness.Mix the salt and blk.pepper together.Sprinkle the breasts with the salt and pepper mixture.Heat a large skillet over a medium-hi heat with 3 tbls. olive oil. Add breasts to hot skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until chicken is done.Remove cooked chicken from skillet and slice each breast into thin strips , set aside.
In the same skillet the chicken was cooked in reduce heat to a medium to medium-hi heat.Drain and rough chop the artichokes,add to the heated skillet.Chop onions and place in the skillet with the chopped artichokes, cook for 5 minutes.Peel and mince 2 garlic cloves,add to the skillet,cook for 1 minute.Add heavy cream,ranch dressing and white pepper to the mixture,simmer 10-15 minutes.Stirring often.Remove from heat.
In a large bowl toss the pasta and chicken strips together with the hot creamy ranch artichoke sauce.Equally divide pasta mixture between 4-6 bowls.Serve hot.Serves 4-6.