- 3tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2pound smoked bacon
- 1cup diced onions
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1cup uncooked Carolina Gold rice or other long-grain white rice
- 1/4cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2cup minced tomato
- 2cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2cup minced fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 4sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
blog comments powered by
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven or casserole dish. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté in the oil until the chicken is golden brown on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- In the remaining fat, cook the bacon until done. Add the onions and sweat until the onions are translucent, without too much color. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the rice and peanuts and mix to coat well. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, bay leaf, minced parsley, and thyme, and bring to a simmer, stirring well.
- Add the chicken thighs, cover, and bring to another simmer. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.