Chicken Paprikash-Topped Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1.5pounds baking potatoes
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons paprika
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12ounces boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 2teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 8ounces presliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Pierce potatoes with a fork; arrange in a circle on paper towels in a microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH 16 minutes or until done, rearranging potatoes after 8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and shake to coat.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture, onion, garlic, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
Split potatoes open with a fork; fluff pulp. Divide chicken mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with parsley.
Reprinted with permission from Cooking Light, The Complete Quick Cook by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough (c) Oxmoor House 2011
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 311
- Fat 8.6
- Saturated Fat 3.9
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.9
- Cholesterol 86
- Sodium 619
- Carbohydrate 36.3
- Fiber 3.4
- Protein 22.9
- Calcium 56
- Iron 2.6