Chicken Panini with Greens and Roasted Red Peppers
- Yield 4 servings
Warm, crispy and gooey, these mouthwatering panini are a contrast of textures and flavors.
Making this sandwich is even easier with a panini grill. If you don’t have a panini grill, press the sandwich with a spatula as it cooks, or weight it down with a heavy skillet, smaller than the pan you’re cooking in.
- 2 -- (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked
- 1 -- (1-pound) ciabatta loaf
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought pesto
- 2 cups greens (such as spinach, arugula or watercress), stems removed
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 2 -- roasted red peppers (either fresh or from a jar), sliced into strips
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into ¼-inch slices
- Cut chicken on the bias into ¼-inch slices.
- Cut ciabatta loaf into 8 slices. Spread with pesto. Layer greens, chicken, bacon, red pepper strips and a cheese on top of bottom pieces. Top with bread tops. Press down to slightly flatten.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the panini and press down with a spatula. Cook until golden and crisp on the bottom, then flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden and crisp and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes total.
Recipe by Nicole Sizemore.