Chicken Orzo Salad with Radiccio and Basil
- Yield: servings
- 4-- thinly slicked chicken breasts
- 1can chicken broth
- 2cups orzo
- 4ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1-- head radicchio
- 2bunches fresh basil leaves
- 3cloves garlic
- 1/2cup pine nuts
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3cup balsamic vinegar
- -- salt and pepper to taste
- -- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook orzo according to directions on box.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add to large slightly oiled frying pan on medium to high heat and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Add chicken broth, lower heat, cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Toast pine nuts in 450 degree oven for three to five minutes.
- Coarsely chop radicchio and sun dried tomatoes. Mince garlic. Tear basil leaves from stem.
- Once orzo has cooled, add olive oil and balsamic vinegar and stir. Fold in tomatoes, radicchio, garlic, nuts and basil. Chop cooled chicken into bite sized pieces and add to orzo. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve room temperature.