Chicken and Orzo Salad
- Yield: servings
- Breast meat from rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/2cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 3-- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1clove garlic, chopped
- 1large box chicken broth
- 1package DaVinci orzo pasta
- large handful shredded Parmesan cheese (not from a can)
- -- olive oil
- -- salt & pepper to taste
Pour chicken broth into large saucepan and add a small drizzle of olive oil. Bring to a boil. Add pinch of salt and orzo. Cook according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, chop chicken breast, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Roll up basil leaves and chop into ribbons; chop ribbons in half. Put all of this into the bottom of a serving bowl.
Drain pasta. Add pasta to serving bowl, then add cheese. Toss all together, adding salt & pepper to taste.
This is fantastic hot, but can be chilled and served cold. You will just need to add a little olive oil & stir to un-stick pasta.