Chicken Orzo Salad with Mushrooms
- Yield 4 servings
Cheesy pasta is topped with a delicious mushroom chicken mixture and beautifully garnished with arugula.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ounce grilled, sliced skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups cooked orzo or other small pasta
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup arugula or salad greens and parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 7 minutes. In a medium sized bowl, combine mushrooms with chicken and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss half of the dressing with the mushroom chicken mixture.
- In a large bowl, toss orzo with feta and remaining dressing until well coated. Spoon orzo onto a serving platter; top with mushroom-chicken mixture. Garnish with arugula or other salad greens and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel