Chicken Orzo Salad
- Yield 10 servings
Chicken and orzo pasta combine with herbs, vegetables and cheese in this easy main-dish salad.
To reconstitute the tomatoes, pour 1 cup boiling water over them and let sit for 15 minutes or until soft.
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 cups diced, rotisserie, skinless white chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, or shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbles reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 -- cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, reconstituted, reserving 1/3 cup water from reconstituting tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain.
- In large bowl, combine orzo, chicken, peas, green onions, feta, cucumber, toma toes and dill.
- In another bowl, whisk together reserved sun-dried tomato water with remaining ingredients.
Toss with orzo mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Makes about 10 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.