Chicken Orzo Salad
- Yield 10 servings
Chicken and orzo pasta combine with herbs, vegetables and cheese in this easy main-dish salad.
To reconstitute the tomatoes, pour 1 cup boiling water over them and let sit for 15 minutes or until soft.
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 cups diced, rotisserie, skinless white chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, or shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup crumbles reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, reconstituted, reserving 1/3 cup water from reconstituting tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo and drain excess water.
- Mix orzo, chicken, peas, green onions, feta, cucumber, toma toes and dill in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together reserved sun-dried tomato water with remaining ingredients.
- Combine with orzo mixture. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.