Chicken Orzo Salad
- Yield: 10 servings
To reconstitute the tomatoes, pour 1 cup boiling water over them and let sit for 15 minutes or until soft.
- 2cups orzo pasta
- 2cups diced, rotisserie, skinless white chicken
- 1cup frozen peas, thawed, or shelled edamame
- 1/2cup chopped green onions
- 1/2cup crumbles reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8ounces sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, reconstituted, reserving 1/3 cup water from reconstituting tomatoes
- 2teaspoons dried dill weed
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo and drain excess water.
- Mix orzo, chicken, peas, green onions, feta, cucumber, toma toes and dill in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together reserved sun-dried tomato water with remaining ingredients.
- Combine with orzo mixture. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 300
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 26mg
- Sodium 148mg
- Carbohydrate 42g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 19g