- Yield: 4 servings
- 8-- skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon lemon dill seasoning
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 10-- stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
- 10-- Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon tiniest capers (non pareilles)
- 1/4cup currants
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1small tomato, seeded and diced 1/2"
- 2teaspoons minced fresh mint + sprigs for garnish
- 2teaspoons minced fresh oregano + sprigs for garnish
- 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and lemon-dill seasoning. Saute in large skillet over medium heat in olive oil until golden brown on both sides and juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side.
Stir cornstarch into broth. Add to skillet with olives, capers, currants and cinnamon. Stir up brown bits in pan. Boil vigorously until sauce is thickened and reduced by half. Stir in tomato, mint and oregano and simmer 2 minutes.
Arrange chicken overlapping on platter. Nap with sauce, spooning most of the solids on top of the chicken. Sprinkle feta cheese over and garnish with mint and oregano sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.