- Yield 4 servings
- 8 -- skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon dill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 10 -- stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
- 10 -- Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tiniest capers (non pareilles)
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced 1/2"
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint + sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano + sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and lemon-dill seasoning. Saute in large skillet over medium heat in olive oil until golden brown on both sides and juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side.
Stir cornstarch into broth. Add to skillet with olives, capers, currants and cinnamon. Stir up brown bits in pan. Boil vigorously until sauce is thickened and reduced by half. Stir in tomato, mint and oregano and simmer 2 minutes.
Arrange chicken overlapping on platter. Nap with sauce, spooning most of the solids on top of the chicken. Sprinkle feta cheese over and garnish with mint and oregano sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.