Chicken Nugget Tacos with Fresh Salsa
- Yield: 15 servings
- 2-- 10 ounce packages chicken nuggets (frozen)
- 15-- taco shells (crisp)
- 1can 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-1/2cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2cup bottled, prepared salsa
- 1-- tomato, diced
- 2-- scallions, diced
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1tablespoon cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In medium bowl, stir together salsa, tomato, scallions, lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
- On large sheetpan, place chicken nuggets. Place in oven and bake 3 minutes. Place tortilla taco shells on separate sheetpan; add to oven. Bake chicken nuggets and taco shells for 4- 5 minutes more, until shells are crisp and chicken and heated throughout.
- While chicken and shells are baking, refried beans in medium bowl. Add cayenne pepper and stir to mix well.
- To prepare tacos, spread a spoonful of refried beans in each taco shell. Add two nuggets. Pass salsa, cheese and lettuce separately, to be sprinkled on tacos.