Chicken Marsala on Angel Hair Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8-- boneless chicken breast halves
- 1cup seasoned flour
- 1/2cup butter
- 16ounces angel hair pasta, cooked, drained
- Marsala Sauce:
- 3cups sliced mushrooms
- -- Reserved pan drippings from the chicken
- 1-- (10-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2cup sweet or dry marsala
- -- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 3tablespoons water
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the chicken. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through, reserving the pan drippings for the sauce.
- Arrange the chicken on a bed of angel hair pasta on a serving platter. Spoon the Marsala Sauce on top.
- To prepare the sauce. Saute the mushrooms in the reserved pan drippings in a skillet. Add the chicken broth, marsala and pepper. Add a mixture of the cornstarch and water. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
Note: Cook the pasta just before serving. Angel hair pasta cooks very quickly since it is so fine in texture.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Huntsville’s Sweet Home Alabama (Huntsville, Al., 1995).