Lemon Chicken with Vodka
- Yield: servings
- 1-- pd boneless chicken breasts
- 8ounces penne pasta
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1-- 14 ounce can marinated artichoke hearts cut into quarters (1/4 cup liquid reserved)
- 1tablespoon corn starch
- 1tablespoon Olive oil
- 8-- sun dried tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2-- garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4cup vodka
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- -- Pepper
- 1teaspoon Italian season(plus extra to season the chicken)
- 1teaspoon parsley
- 1/2teaspoon oregano
- 1-- (10.75 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2cup feta cheese divided
In a large pot with boiling salted water cook penne pasta until al dente. Drain stir in one TBS butter, do not rinse.
Season the chicken breast with Italian season and pepper on both sides. Broil chicken about 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the middle. Cube into bit size pieces.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat the olive oil until hot, add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes, saute in the olive oil until the garlic is soft, about 2 min. Mix the cornstarch with the chicken broth until disolved. Add chicken broth mixture, reserved artichoke juice,vodka, and lemon juice,simmer for another 2 min or until it begins to thicken. Turn the heat down to med and add the Italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, artichoke hearts and chicken let simmer for about 5 min. Stir in the pasta and 1/4 cup of the feta cheese and heat for 2 to 3 min or until the pasta is warm.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle remaining feta on top and serve with crusty bread.