Lemon Chicken with Capers
- Yield: servings
- 3tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 9-- Chicken breast tenders
- 1-- Lg egg + 2 tablespoon Water
- 1/2-- C plain bread Crumbs
- 1/2-- C Flour
- 2tablespoons Lemon Pepper
- -- Salt and Pepper
- 1cup Chicken Bouillon
- 1/3cup White Sauterne cooking wine
- -- Juice of 1 Lg Lemon or 2 tablespoon
- 1/4cup Butter softened
- 2tablespoons Capers + 2 teaspoon of their juice
- 1tablespoon Lemon Pepper
- 1-- thinly sliced Green Onion
- 1teaspoon jarred crushed Garlic
- 1/4teaspoon Salt
- Corn starch with water mixture
- -- Parsley and Lemon wedges for Garnish if desired
Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper (About a pinch each) set aside. In Medium bowl, whisk together the bread crumbs, flour, and lemon pepper and set aside. In small bowl whisk together the egg and water and set aside.
Dust each chicken tender in the flour mixture 2 at a time, then dip each tender in egg mixture 2 at a time, then flour mixture again. Place on platter until ready to cook.
In Large fry pan or Electric skillet, heat oil until hot. (Medium high heat). Add chicken tenders and fry about 8 minutes on each side until golden brown and there is no pink juice that flows when pricked with a fork. Place on paper towel lined plate to drain any excess oil and then place chicken on serving platter and keep warm.
In medium sauce pan, add all ingredients except cornstarch and water mixture. Stir together until well blended while cooking over medium heat about 5 minutes. Turn heat up to high and whisk in corn starch and water mixture and whisk until desired thickened consistency. Remove from heat.
Right before serving, pour sauce over each tender but not completely. Garnish with sliced lemons and fresh parsley sprigs if desired.
You can double the chicken recipe without having to double the sauce for more servings. At this point it is 3 tenders per serving. (3 servings in all).