Curried Chicken Burgers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2pounds Ground Chicken (room temperature)
- 1tablespoon Curry powder
- 1tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/4teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/4tablespoon Dried mint
- 1tablespoon Coriander
- 2tablespoons fresh Cilantro
- 1/2cup of plain Greek style yogurt divided
- 1tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1clove fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1cup baby arugula
- 1-- 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans
- 1 1/2tablespoons Tahini
- -- Juice of one lemon
- -- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- -- Pita Bread
In a large mixing bowl prepare chicken with all the dried spices (conservatively salt and pepper), 1/4 cup of yogurt, onion, and glarlic and mix until well combined (be sure not to overmix). Score the meat with the side of your hand in 4 quarters.
Roughly chop cilatro and add it to remaining yogurt. Refridgerate.
Drain and rinse beans. In a food processsor, combine tahini, beans, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn on and stream in 2 tbls. of oil. Remove from food processor and set in a seperate bowl.
Place burgers on a non stick skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked all the way through.
Place burger patty on the bottom half of the pita bread. Then top burger with yogurt sauce and arugula. Then smear a tbls. of hummus onto the inside top part of pita bread and place on top of the burger.
(I reommend serving with spicey lentils and watermelon.)