- Yield: 6 servings
- 1-- chicken, cut into serving pieces
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1dash cinnamon
- 6tablespoons butter
- 2cups canned tomatoes
- 1-- (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 3/4cup water
- 3sticks cinnamon
- 3-- onions, minced
- 3-- garlic cloves
- 1pound macaroni
- 1/2cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cinnamon. In a heavy kettle melt 2 tablespoons butter and brown chicken until golden brown on all sides.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and water and pour sauce over chicken. Add cinnamon sticks.
- Saute minced onion and garlic in another 2 tablespoons butter and add to chicken. Bring the sauce to a boil, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on the package. Drain and empty into serving dish. Brown remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pour over macaroni. Pour over sauce from chicken and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Serve chicken separately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Enid’s Stir Ups (Enid, Oklahoma, 1982).