- Yield 6 servings
Chicken is sauted in a zesty tomato sauce, the sauce is then served over a perfectly cooked bed of macaroni and sprinkled with cheddar cheese.
- 1 -- chicken, cut into serving pieces
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 -- (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 3 -- onions, minced
- 3 -- garlic cloves
- 1 pound macaroni
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cinnamon. In a heavy kettle melt 2 tablespoons butter and brown chicken until golden brown on all sides.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and water and pour sauce over chicken. Add cinnamon sticks.
- Saute minced onion and garlic in another 2 tablespoons butter and add to chicken. Bring the sauce to a boil, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on the package. Drain and empty into serving dish. Brown remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pour over macaroni. Pour over sauce from chicken and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Serve chicken separately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Enid’s Stir Ups (Enid, Oklahoma, 1982).