Chicken Honey Nut Stir Fry
- Yield 6 servings
Serve this honey-marinated over hot, cooked rice.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or pork steak or loin
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 -- carrots, diagonally cut
- 2 stalks celery, diagonally cut
- 1/2 cup cashews or peanuts
- -- Hot rice
- Cut chicken or pork into thin strips and set aside. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, honey, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger; mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and celery; stir-fry about 3 minutes. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into skillet. Add chicken; stir-fry about 3 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet; add sauce mixture and nuts. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened. Serve over hot rice.