- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2tablespoons plus 1 t fresh dill, chopped
- 1clove garlic
- 1teaspoon plus 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch wide, 2-inch-long strips
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, very thinly sliced
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 30 grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 thick, fresh pita rounds, heated
- Parchment paper, optional
- Stir together the yogurt, 2 tablespoons dill, garlic and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix chicken together with oregano, 1 teaspoon dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until lightly brown and cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- To assemble pitas, arrange one pita per plate. Lay down a lettuce leaf and top with 1/6th of the chicken. Divide tomatoes and onions amongst servings and top with dollops of the yogurt dill sauce. Fold pita over. You may wrap them individually with parchment paper so the toppings don’t escape.
Recipe courtesy of Tara Noland, a nurse turned family cooking blogger who enjoys developing easy, fast and healthy meals to serve the family. Find more family friendly recipes at http://noshingwiththenolands.com