- Yield 10 servings
These are great for a main dish, an appetizer, or a snack. Everybody loves them.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce (or more to taste)
- Cut chicken into 2- to 3-inch slices and dip into milk beaten with egg.
- Then dip into flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown in hot oil in a large frying pan.
- Melt butter in a large baking dish, stir in the hot sauce, place browned chicken fingers in the dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Edwanna Chenault, Winchester, Ky.