Chicken Fettuccine with Herb Cheese
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- 2 (14-ounce) cans lower-sodium chicken broth
- 8ounces frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8ounces uncooked fettucine noodles, broken in half
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 (6-ounce) package garlic and herb cream cheese (such as Rondele)
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to boil over high heat; add frozen chicken breasts. Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 16 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir, cover and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring pasta to a boil. Add frozen vegetables, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return pasta to skillet and place over medium heat. Add cream cheese, salt and reserved cooking water. Toss until cheese has melted. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes to heat through, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, green onions and black pepper.
Recipe by Nancy Hughes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 440
- Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 750mg
- Potassium 380mg
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 19g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 70%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 8%