Chicken Fettuccine with Herb Cheese
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 50 mins
An easy weeknight chicken dish with the vegetables built in.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans lower-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces uncooked fettucine noodles, broken in half
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 (6-ounce) package garlic and herb cream cheese (such as Rondele)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to boil over high heat; add frozen chicken breasts. Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 16 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir, cover and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring pasta to a boil. Add frozen vegetables, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return pasta to skillet and place over medium heat. Add cream cheese, salt and reserved cooking water. Toss until cheese has melted. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes to heat through, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, green onions and black pepper.
Recipe by Nancy Hughes.