Mexican Chicken Sausage Patties
- Yield servings
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 ounce fajita seasoning:
- -- (Your favorite commercial one or make your own.)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chunky salsa (I use Pace mild)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 -- sandwich roll
Mix first 5 ingredients together, form into 8 4oz. patties.
Cook in frying pan in a little olive oil until slightly brown and cooked through.
Place on sandwich roll, top with the salsa, cheese and crumbled chips.