Chicken Drumsticks with Lemon and Garlic
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 8 -- chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 -- lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In small skillet over medium-low heat, combine olive oil, garlic and lemon zest. Cook until garlic begins to color, about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place in zippered plastic bag. Add chicken drumsticks; toss well to coat. Refrigerate and let marinate at least one hour or up to overnight.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill, or preheat broiler. Remove chicken from refrigerator and sit at room temperature about 20 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Grill drumsticks uncovered (or broil) over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, turning to sear all sides. Move chicken to medium-low heat and continue grilling for additional 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 3 minutes, until cooked through. Drumsticks should register 170 degrees on meat thermometer.
Adapted from Chicken on the Grill by Cheryl and Bill Jamison, Morrow Cookbooks, 2004.