Chicken Diablo con Pozole
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4small extra thin yellow corn tortillas
- 1-- 15 ounce can yellow hominy, drained
- 1teaspoon green chile powder
- 4ounces cotija cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
- 4ounces processed asadero cheese
- 4ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3cup chopped celery
- 1/3cup chopped onion
- 1/3cup chopped green pepper
- 1-- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1teaspoon chopped serrano chile
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1medium large avocado, diced
- 1-- 2 tablespoon lime juice (for avocado)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 4 shallow 5-inch round or oval ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Heat tortillas in microwave or stovetop steamer until flexible; place one in each ramekin and spray edges with non-stick spray. Mix hominy, chile powder, cotija cheese, asadero cheese, and Monterey jack cheese in a bowl. Divide among tortillas, pressing in center, creating a "crust or bowl" with the tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bubbly.
Heat oil in saute pan over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, and green pepper; saute until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, chile, red pepper, and salt; saute 5 minutes. Add chicken and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 10 minutes, stirring on occasion.
Lift the cazuelitas from the ramekins and place on serving plates. Divide the chicken among each. Spritz avocado with lime juice and add to top.
Garnish with grated/crumbled cotija cheese and serve.