Two-Bean Chicken Chili
- Yield servings
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped jolepeons
- 1 tablespoon spoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 -- teasp fresh ground pepper
- 1 -- teasp salt optional
- 1 -- 26 ounce can tomato soup
- 1 -- 25 ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 -- 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 to 1 -- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
In a 4 quart pot combine olive oil, chicken, salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, add 1 large chopped onion and allow to cook until slightly clear.
Next add the fresh salsa, fresh garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder. Mix well with chicken mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
Add tomato soup, kidney beans, jolopenos and black beans fold together gently taking care not to mash the beans.
Add the brown sugar gradually according to desired sweetness. Allow chili to cook on low heat for another ten minutes.
Serve with fresh corn chips, grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Chili may also be served over shredded lettuce, tomatoes and onions as a chili salad