Chicken Chili Con Queso
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
Chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and beans in a creamy chili.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 -- (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -- (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped, with their juice
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 8 ounces light pasteurized processed cheese spread
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken, onion and green and red peppers over medium heat until chicken loses its pink color, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle chili powder and cumin over chicken and vegetables. Add beans, tomatoes, and chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Add cheese spread and stir until melted and well blended.