- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 45 mins
Why go out for Mexican when you can make this lighter and tastier version at home.
- 6 ounces low-fat Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 6 ounces low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 bunches green onions, tops only, chopped
- 2 -- (10 3/4-ounce) cans low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 -- (4-ounce) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 -- (16-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 1 -- (4-ounce can black olives, sliced
- 8 -- (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, poached and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 -- (6-inch diameter) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine cheese, and reserve 1/2 cup for topping. Divide green onions into 2 equal portions. Combine the rest of the cheese, 1/2 of the onion, soup, chiles, sour cream and black olives. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of this mixture for topping. Add chicken to the remainder, and mix well. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Put 3 heaping Tablespoons of filling in each tortilla, and roll. Place seam side down in baking dish. Arrange in a single layer. Spread reserved topping over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onion. May refrigerate overnight if desired. Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Springfield Missouri Inc.’s Women Who Can Dish It Out (Springfield, Missouri, 1997).