Chicken Caesar Sandwich
- Yield 6 servings
Here's a great way to turn leftover chicken or shrimp into a light and delicious sandwich.
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped grilled or leftover chicken
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Hollow out the inside of a French bread, discarding extra bread. Cut loaf in six sections to make it easier to hollow out bread; set aside. Place lettuce, Parmesan cheese and chicken in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Toss with lettuce mixture and stuff into each hollowed bread section.