Chicken Cacciatore Stew
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/2cup all purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 6tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1pound mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1clove garlic, finely diced
- 1medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1medium yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 2teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2cans (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 2cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1/4cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken pieces evenly with flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a 4-5 quart Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until pieces are separated and lightly browned. Remove chicken from Dutch oven. Cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pot. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, green pepper and yellow pepper. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes on medium high heat until crisp/tender. Add diced tomatoes, tomato puree and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to Dutch oven with the chicken broth and cook for 8-10 minutes or until chieck is cooked through. Add the cooked pasta. Cook and simmer for 5 minutes or until pasta is heated through.
- Garnish each serving with Parmesan cheese.