Chicken and Cabbage Stew
- Yield servings
- -- 1T Olive Oil 1 T Butter for browning
- 6 -- Chicken Thighs
- 2 -- onions sliced
- 1 -- head of cabbage sliced
- -- S&P to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 cup Parmesean cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine opitional
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth (do not want mixture soupy just loose.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes medium can
- 4 ounces jarred mushrooms
- -- Brown Rice
S& P chicken thighs to taste
Brown til golden in butter & oil (I use a cast Iron fry pan-from stove top to oven)
Remove chicken from pan and cover w/foil.
Add wine if using and stir up bottom of pan.
Add onions and cabbage. While sauteing Sprinkle w/ S&P to taste,garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, parm cheese. Stir in.
Add chicken broth Diced tomatoes & mushrooms. Cover until just wilted. about 5 minutes. If using cast Iron skillet put chicken back in pan on top of cabbage mixture. Cover with lid or foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. If not using cast iron skillet put cabbage mixture in bake pan ,place chicken on top and cover w/foil. Serve over brown rice.