Chicken Burritos with Poblano Pepper Cream
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1small can corn kernels, drained
- 3 roasted and peeled poblano peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1cup can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of water
- 4ounces cream cheese
- 1 bouillon cube
- shredded meat and juices of 1 rotisserie chicken
- 6 flour tortillas
- 5tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons vinegar
- 3cups shredded green cabbage
- Cilantro for garnish
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil on a medium nonstick pan over low heat. Add the grated garlic and sweat it. Add corn, poblano peppers and combine.
- In a blender, combine half the poblano pepper mixture, milk, water, cream cheese and bouillon cube and blend until it is a green creamy soup. Place in a small saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Add chicken and juices of the rotisserie to the remainder of the poblano pepper mixture that was left on the pan. Add salt and pepper and combine. Turn off heat when chicken is warm.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds, until soft. Spread chicken mixture over tortillas and fold the sides and ends to form a burrito.
- In a large skillet, brown and toast the sides of the burrito.
- Make a vinaigrette with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, add it to the cabbage. Place burritos on serving plates, pour over some of the poblano cream, and top with the cabbage and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council