- Yield: 6 servings
- 2medium boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1box zatarain's jambalya mix
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 2teaspoons onion powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon parika
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon ground oregano
- 1teaspoon sugar or substitute (optional)
- 1/2teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4cup water
- 1package whole-wheat tortillas
- 1cup low-fat sour cream
- 1cup low-fat Cheddar or American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake chicken breast for 30 minutes and cut into cubes.
- Prepare Zatarain’s jambalaya mix according to package directions.
- Combine all dry spices and mix together.
- In separate pan, cook cubed chicken and dry spices with 3/4 cup water. Simmer 10 minutes. Add to jambalaya pot, and cook until rice is tender.
- Spoon mixture into warm tortillas and top with cheese and sour cream.