Chicken Broccoli Portobello Bake
- Yield: servings
- 1 1/2-- lbs trimmed chicken tenderloins
- 4tablespoons Montreol Grill seasoning
- 3large cloves garlic, cracked
- 2medium heads fresh broccoli crowns
- -- salt and pepper to taste
- 2cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2-- very large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 1/2tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 4-- 5 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4cup sun-dried julienne cut tomatoes in olive oil (comes in a jar)
- 1pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6-- 10 fresh basil leaves chopped
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees. Clean mushroom caps, and season 1/3 of the grill seasoning. Finely chop rosemary and sprinkle over mushrooms. Drizzle with half the olive oil and rub the seasonings all over the mushrooms until evenly coated. Cook in grill or saute pan on medium high heat for approximately 4-5 minutes per side or until the mushrooms are dark and tender.
2. While mushrooms are grilling clean and trim broccoli crowns. Cook broccoli in microwave or on the stove top in salted boiling water leaving it still crunchy. Combine ricotta cheese, parsley, the 2tbsp grated Parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside. Season chicken tenders with remaining grill seasoning.
3. Remove mushrooms from the grill and set aside to cool a bit. Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan, and reduce the heat to medium. Add the the chicken and cook approximately 4-5 minutes per side until the chicken is fully cooked. While chicken is cooking thoroughly drain the broccoli, and slice the portobello mushrooms.. Remove chicken from the pan. Add a little more olive oil and add the cracked garlic and cooked broccoli. Saute for just a few minutes to add flavor and to soften the garlic. Remove from pan and remove garlic. Chop soften garlic.
4. In a casserole dish layer the chicken. Cut the broccoli florets in half and place them on top of the chicken. Sprinkle chopped garlic over broccoli. Top that with the ricotta mixture. Then add the mushrooms on top as well as the sun-dried tomatoes. Cover the dish with the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the cheese is heated through and bubbly. After dish is out of the oven, top with the fresh basil confetti