Chicken Bonne Femme
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 (7-ounce) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/4cup roasted garlic cloves
- 1cup wild mushrooms
- 1/2cup mixed julienned red, green and yellow bell peppers
- 1cup new potatoes, cut into quarters, roasted
- 1/2cup leeks, cut into half-moon slices
- 1/2cup white portions of green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1cup chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon, chervil, chives and/or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour with the Creole seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Season the chicken with kosher salt and cracked pepper and coat with the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Heat a 9-inch ovenproof French saute pan and add the olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan and sear for 2 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers, new potatoes, leeks and green onions on and around the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the saute pan and place seared side up on top of the vegetables.
- Ladle the chicken stock into the pan and sprinkle with the herbs, kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve in the saute pan or remove to serving plates.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Dickie Brennan & Co., Dickie Brennan’s Palace Cafe, the Flavor of New Orleans (Dickie Brennan & Co., 2002)