Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
- Yield: servings
- 3-- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1pound bellflower shaped pasta
- 3/4cup red onion
- 1/2cup each red and yellow bell pepper, juilienned
- 1/2cup asparagus, cut into one inch pieces
- 6-- 7 sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1/4cup half and half
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1teaspoon white pepper
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, to taste)
- 3-- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
In large skillet, saute onion, asparagus, and peppers in olive oil on medium heat until slightly softened and browned (approx 10 minutes).
Add chicken to saute pan and continue cooking on medium until chicken is cooked through.
In separate pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente (approx 7 minutes).
Put sundried tomatoes into food processor and pulse 7-8 times until tomatoes turn into a paste.
When all parts are cooked, add drained pasta, and sundried tomato paste to skillet of vegetables and chicken.
Add half and half to skillet and stir to encorporate. This creates a thick sauce which coats pasta and chicken.
Add oregano, basil, cayenne and white pepper; stir to combine.
let stand off heat for 1-2 minutes in order to allow thickening of the sauce.
plate and enjoy!