Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
- Yield servings
- 3 -- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound bellflower shaped pasta
- 3/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup each red and yellow bell pepper, juilienned
- 1/2 cup asparagus, cut into one inch pieces
- 6 -- 7 sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, to taste)
- 3 -- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
In large skillet, saute onion, asparagus, and peppers in olive oil on medium heat until slightly softened and browned (approx 10 minutes).
Add chicken to saute pan and continue cooking on medium until chicken is cooked through.
In separate pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente (approx 7 minutes).
Put sundried tomatoes into food processor and pulse 7-8 times until tomatoes turn into a paste.
When all parts are cooked, add drained pasta, and sundried tomato paste to skillet of vegetables and chicken.
Add half and half to skillet and stir to encorporate. This creates a thick sauce which coats pasta and chicken.
Add oregano, basil, cayenne and white pepper; stir to combine.
let stand off heat for 1-2 minutes in order to allow thickening of the sauce.
plate and enjoy!