Chicken Barbecue and Slaw Sandwiches
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4pounds chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1cup ketchup
- 1/2cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4cup onion, minced
- 2cloves cloves of garlic
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4cups cabbage, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1-1/2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 4-- hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In small bowl, whisk together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, chili powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat all sides. Turn chicken skin-side up. Place in oven and bake 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While chicken is cooling, in large bowl, stir together cabbage, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Discard chicken skin. Pull meat off bones; place meat in saucepan. Scrape sauce out of baking dish and stir into saucepan. Over low heat, warm chicken until hot throughout. Open buns on plates; top with chicken and slaw. Close buns and serve.