- Yield servings
A crowd pleaser that keeps them coming for more.
- Infused Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion, ie. Vadalia
- 1/2-3/4 cup red pepper flakes
- Chicken Antipasta
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken (store cooked rotisserie chicken is best)
- 1 pound Campanelle or other curly pasta
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, diced (approx 2 cans- not marinated in oil)
- 2/3 cup Prosciutto roughly diced
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1-1/2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2-1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup Kraft, or other brand, grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Sprinkle onion powder
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- Start by putting ingredients together for a flavored olive oil. This oil will be used to sauté the chicken antipasta ingredients in. The remaining oil will be served with Italian bread as a side with dinner.
- Infused Olive Oil Preparation: Combine all ingredients for the infused olive oil in small sauce pan and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer until garlic and onion are soft.
- Turn oven on and set to 400F.
- Chicken Antipasta preparation: Heat water to cook pasta. Place pasta in water to boil. Cook for approx. 15 minutes.
- Place tomatoes in baking dish and coat lightly with infused olive oil. Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, combine heavy cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, onion powder and garlic powder. Heat over low to medium heat until hot, but not boiling, using a whisk to stir. When hot, lower heat and add both types of parmesan cheeses and whisk often.
- In an electric fry pan or a large frying pan, combine 6 tablespoons of infused olive oil, pearl onions, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and prosciutto. Contiue to stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour parmesian cream sauce into this mixture and stir.
- Drain pasta and remove tomatoes from oven. Place pasta on a large serving dish. Spoon antipasta/cream mixture over the pasta. Place tomatoes on serving dish surrounding the pasta. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with Italian bread and remaining infused oil for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council