Chicken Antipasta Salad
- Yield: 10 cups
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 0-15 if using raw chicken
- 1can California Black Olives , Halved
- 4cups Cooked cubed chicken
- 4cups Broccoli stems diced and florets separated
- 1large Roasted red pepper sliced
- 1small Jar of marinated artichokes halved
- 2tablespoons Capers drained
- 1/4cup Pine Nuts toasted
- 1/2cup Olive Oil
- 1/4cup Red Wine vinegar
- 11/2teaspoons Salt
- 1teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1tablespoon Italian Herb crushed
- 1clove Fresh Garlic minced
If using fresh chicken breast poach in seasoned water until done. Blanch the broccoli in the chicken stock. If using precooked or rotissery chicken blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water for about 2 min. Stop cooking by plunging into ice water.
Combine the well drained broccoli with the chicken, red pepper, black olives, capers, pinenuts and artichoke hearts.
Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, herb blend and garlic. Taste for balance and add more salt if neede.
Combine the salad and vinegrette together.
Serve at room tempature or chilled. Holds well and carries well. Great with a crusty loaf of bread