Chicken Antipasta Salad
- Yield 10 cups
- Prep 30 mins
- Cook 0-15 if using raw chicken
- 1 can California Black Olives , Halved
- 4 cups Cooked cubed chicken
- 4 cups Broccoli stems diced and florets separated
- 1 large Roasted red pepper sliced
- 1 small Jar of marinated artichokes halved
- 2 tablespoons Capers drained
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts toasted
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine vinegar
- 11/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian Herb crushed
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic minced
If using fresh chicken breast poach in seasoned water until done. Blanch the broccoli in the chicken stock. If using precooked or rotissery chicken blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water for about 2 min. Stop cooking by plunging into ice water.
Combine the well drained broccoli with the chicken, red pepper, black olives, capers, pinenuts and artichoke hearts.
Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, herb blend and garlic. Taste for balance and add more salt if neede.
Combine the salad and vinegrette together.
Serve at room tempature or chilled. Holds well and carries well. Great with a crusty loaf of bread