Chicken and Vegetable Alfredo Lasagna
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1package whole-wheat lasagna noodles (13.25 ounce)
- 1 precooked rotisserie chicken
- 8ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1pound part-skim ricotta cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1bunch broccoli, chopped
- 5ounces matchstick carrots
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1package sliced baby bella mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- Vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Ground ginger
- 1/8teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon Salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Bring about 6 quarts of water to a rapid boil, add 1 tablespoon salt and small amount of vegetable oil. Add pasta 2 or 3 pieces at a time and stir; return to rapid boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high setting. Add onion, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, and peppers and stir-fry. Add a few tablespoons of water if mixture gets dry. Sprinkle garlic powder, ground ginger and black pepper to taste while stir-frying. Stir in soy sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray lasagna baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove skin from precooked rotisserie chicken. Pull off meat and shred.
- Assemble lasagna: Layer 1/2 of the drained noodles in pan, coat with 1/2 jar of alfredo sauce, sprinkle with 1/2 of the chicken, spread 1/2 of the vegetable mixture including liquid from the pan, spread 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese, then sprinkle with desired amount of grated parmesan cheese. Repeat with remaining noodles, alfredo sauce, chicken, vegetable mixture and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and make six small slits in foil. Bake 40 minutes, remove from oven, uncover, and let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council