Chicken and Sweet Potato Hash
- Yield 4-6 servings
This hearty sweet potato hash makes for one tasty breakfast of champions.
If you’re trying to keep track of your calories, be sure to buy all-breast ground chicken, as it’s very lean. You can also skip the fried egg and sour cream and top your hash with some plain yogurt and salsa instead.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 eggs
- Salsa and sour cream to garnish, if desired.
- Set a large pot of water to boil
- Cook sweet potatoes chunks for 15 minutes. Drain, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken to pan and brown on high heat. Add cooked sweet potatoes. Stir to combine
- In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and fry eggs to desired doneness,
- Make a small pile of hash on the center of 4 plates, top with fried egg and garnish with salsa and sour cream.