Chicken and Sweet Potato Enchilada Slow-Cooker Casserole
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
The naturally sweet potatoes are the perfect complement to the slightly spicy sauce, and the chicken absorbs all the great flavors.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled cut in 1/2-inch dice (3 cups)
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 15-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Place chicken, sweet potato, onion, enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder in a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW until sweet potato is tender and chicken in thoroughly cooked, about 4 hours.
- Stir in corn and cheese until cheese melts and corn is thoroughly heated.
Tip: For even more flavor, sprinkle some smoky-flavored chili chipotle powder over the chicken and stir to combine.
Reprinted with permission from No Whine with Dinner by Liz Weiss and Janice Newell Bissex.