Chicken and Squash with Chimichurri Sauce
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Summer squash and herbs make this chicken dish fresh and bright.
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds summer squash, cut vertically
- 2 pounds chicken (leg quarters, thighs, legs or breasts)
- To make the chimichurri sauce, combine parsley, basil, mint, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, cumin and salt in a blender; purée. Slather on cut sides of squash and under skin of chicken or directly on chicken if using skinless pieces.
- Grill squash and chicken. Top with chimichurri sauce to serve.