Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya in a Jiffy
- Yield 2 servings
Leftover cooked chicken magically turns into another easy Southern favorite. Serve over rice.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat smoked sausage, diced
- 1/2 pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in strips or chunks
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until done. Drain any excess grease. Add chicken, salsa, and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and add green onions, cooking 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice.
Spicy Advice: Pick up frozen pre-cooked, grilled sliced chicken breast fillets for grilled flavor.