Quick Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Yield 2 servings
Leftover cooked chicken magically turns into another easy Southern favorite. Serve over rice.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat smoked sausage, diced
- 1/2 pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in strips or chunks
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Dispose of any excess grease.
- Add chicken, salsa, and thyme. Bring ingredients to a boil then reduce heat and toss in green onions. Cook for 5 minutes longer, and serve over a bed of rice if desired.