Chicken and Rice Casserole with Cheese Topping
- Yield 6 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 stalks celery, 1 whole and 3 chopped
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- Place chicken breast covered with water in pan along with a stalk of celery and quartered onion. Cook until chicken is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped vegetables and saute until tender.
- Chop chicken and place in large ovenproof casserole dish along with rice, soup and sauteed vegetables. Add cheese on top
- Bake 20 minutes.
Note: You can also make this same recipe using 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp instead of chicken and cream of shrimp soup instead of the cream of chicken soup.