Chicken and Daikon Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Daikon (Asian radish) and chicken combine for an Eastern-influenced chicken salad.
You can find daikon at your local supermarket. Edamame can be found frozen in bags next to the frozen peas. You can use plum sauce in place of the pickled plum purée, but if you do so, omit the sugar and add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 (10-inch) daikon radish (about 2 cups matchsticks)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickled plum purée (umeboshi paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup cooked edamame (immature soybeans)
- Peel daikon and cut into matchsticks.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, plum purée and soy sauce.
- Combine chicken, daikon and edamame. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Recipe adapted from Satoshi Iida, Doraku Restaurant, Kyoto, Japan