Chicken and Broccoli
- Yield 4 servings
Here's an easy way to prepare a complete dinner.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can low-fat cream of broccoli soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package fettuccine
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, stir-fry the broccoli, red pepper and onion until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet. Coat the pan again with nonstick cooking spray and add the chicken. Stir-fry until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add the cream of broccoli soup, water and basil to the skillet. Mix well. Stir in the pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook for 10 minutes. Add the cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fettuccine according to the package directions, omitting any salt and oil. Drain and serve with the chicken and sauce.